Are you our new Digital Marketing Star?
We’re looking for a part time digital whizz who will help grow our online business and social media presence. We may be out in the sticks, but we love online and need your help to grow our online sales. Based in our rural Cumbernauld office you will devise and drive online marketing campaigns, look after our website content, social media and the smooth running of everything digital. We are a small business but with big online ambition! It would be great if you also had a retail focus and love gardens!
Day-to-day activities / duties and responsibilities
- Managing and developing the website with inspiring content
- Updating the blog with interesting blog posts
- Implementing Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) to improve the website’s ranking in the search engines such as Google and Bing
- Building relationships through social media such as Twitter and Facebook
- Creating and running social media competitions
- Assisting with the design and development of the company’s website
- Dealing with customer queries through the website and social media channels
- Monitor the website’s traffic and conversion rates on a daily basis
- Reporting, analysing and interpreting statistical web data using Google Analytics
- Producing leaflets, flyers, logos and other digital content
- Carrying out effective market research for possible opportunities
- Researching products and conducting competitive analysis
- Assisting with the production of marketing reports
- Carrying out general administrative duties such as filing and answering calls
Workplace and working hours
You will be located in our main office outside of Cumbernauld, just beside Palacerigg Country Park and be a key member of the team. The standard working hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday and we envisage this position to be part time – 2 days per week, to be determined. This is a new position, and we are flexible with days to suit.
The starting salary for this position is £18k (2 days pro rata) based on experience.
Qualifications and entry requirements
Qualifications required may differ according to the organisation.
Ideally you should have at least one of the following:
- A degree in a Business-related subject;
- Diploma in Business and IT or equivalent;
- Apprenticeship in Digital Marketing;
- Suitable experience in the field of Marketing or Design.
Alternatively; good hands on experience will be considered.
Skills and personal attributes
- Excellent communication skills as you will be required to interact with customers and suppliers face-to-face as well as on the phone
- Excellent quality of written English as writing is a key aspect of your role as you will be writing content for the company’s website, social media, blogs etc.
- This field of work is very fast-paced and it’s vital that have exceptional time management skills to meet deadlines
- Professional capability, so you must be able to work in an office environment
- Innovative, enthusiastic and keep up with marketing trends
- Have knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, email marketing platforms such as Mailchimp, Illustrator and basic technical knowledge of similar computer programs
- Must be a motivated self-starter
Send your details and contact information to John Mitchell, Managing Director on firstname.lastname@example.org